500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The Honors Core Sequence
integrates a significant portion of the college’s general education requirements, including Writing, Speech and Inquiry, the cluster requirement, and at least four of the college’s seven required intellectual perspective courses.
The sequence is designed to build a scholarly community that intellectually challenges honors students, provides innovative learning opportunities, builds an advanced foundation for interdisciplinary and global inquiry, and provides advanced opportunities for oral and written communication.
Benefits of the Honors Program
- Honors designated housing
- Enhanced learning opportunities for students with excellent academic records, superior abilities, intellectual promise, and demonstrated initiative
- Curricular and co-curricular opportunities for building a sense of community
- Priority course registration to allow Honors Scholars the best opportunity to schedule their desired classes
- Enhanced student-printing privileges
- Special library privileges, e.g., semester-length checkout of books for Honors Seminar and Honors Research courses
- All-College Honors designation on transcripts and diploma
- Membership in the student honor society Omicron Kappa Sigma and planning of formal and informal events for Honors Scholars and the academic community at large
- Leadership opportunities
- Travel abroad
- Peer mentoring